Pari Island

Traffic Jam, pollution, crimes, and all sorts of bad things are in the capital of Indonesia, Jakarta. All of those are stressing. Refreshing is the only thing the Jakartans looking for. And weekend is the best time to have refreshing. Where to go? Some places are tempting to visit. People may choose hanging out at mall, visiting zoo, going to Puncak in Bandung, going to Kebun Raya Bogor, going to amusement parks like Dufan, or even sailing to outer island. Last weekend, 8-9 June, I chose sailing to Kepulauan Seribu with my friends. There are several dots of memory remain in my brain from that trip.

The trip happened because of a friend of mine got a holiday from his work in Nigeria. We set off on Saturday 8 June 2013 from Grogol. The meeting point was at a Police station next to Citraland Mall. There are 11 people were going, 2 were foreigner and the rest were local. Around 6 we set off from Grogol to Muara Angke by Red Angkot #01. It took around an hour to get to Angke. At Angke two friends were waiting. From Angke, we took a ship going to Pari. Bare in mind that the ship is not as clean, proper as the ship in Circular Quay to Mainly :P. The ship in Angke was small and took hundreds people on it. I just felt that all transportation means in Indonesia are really crazy. Neither commuter line, KOPAJA, Metromini, nor ship always full of people, over the seat provided. It seems common for Jakartans not to really care of safety of comfort on public transportation, the important thing is only how to get in on it... hfff...

We touched down Pari around 11 am. I was a bit amazed seeing that the water close to Thousand island is much cleaner than is close to Jakarta. Muara Angke is full of garbage and smelly. I always love beach, and I always love nature in Indonesia. Green trees, blue water, the fresh wind, and the nature smell enchanted me to forget all the things happened in the city. I was really grateful because my lung could really breathe clean air and my eyes stopped looking at concrete, freeway, or all sort of boring building. No need much time to build camps and had lunch. We camped and had lunch exactly on the edge of the beach. None of us understood that there are a lot of warung sold any kind of drinks & snacks. Thus we brought a lot of snacks, drinks, and instant noodle. Seems that we were to afraid being starving and thought to live in isolated island that's why we were mad bringing abundant foods.

Around 1.30 pm we snorkeled. It was the first time to do snorkeling for me. I cannot swim, but I was not afraid to do snorkeling. Because snorkeling does not deal with swimming, as long as we can float (helped with safety vest), we can still do that. Efex (I do not know how to write his name) helped me to do snorkeling. He encouraged me not to be afraid and taught me step by step how to do that. He told me how to breathe with mouth and to blow the water inside the snorkeling equipment so it would not bother me breathing under the water. It was really valuable lesson for me. His tutorials worked really well. Thank Efex... I think he is really good teacher for he could explain everything clearly so it was easy to understand. I could see the living underwater. Before, I just knew how underwater is by watching Spongebob or Finding Nemo movie. Doing snorkeling was another great experience I ever had. Basically, the corals were not really special. I liked the fish. The are various fish there. It reminded me of DORI in finding Nemo: keep swimming, keep swimming. Keep swimming to find the valuable things. Ouch... I cannot stand any longer to tell the story of a trip report. It's better to look at the photos uploaded on my FB profile.

All the beauty that I experienced will be written in a brief. Let's move to the evening.

B is a friend of mine that had a holiday. We met about 9 years ago. He is one of my motivations to move forward, to set the dream, to succeed. Yup, he never tells what he plans, what he means to achieve. He always tell by being success, by achieving the best. He got a scholarship to take Bachelor degree in New Zealand, he got a job in a giant company, and now he is working in Nigeria as the Indonesian representative, yah sort of that duty that I do not really understand. In a brief, he is kind of boaster for me. Being with him is always valuable for me. He is really a good, warm friend. That night, I share my love story to him. I realized that I was too happy to tell that. I just felt relive. He never cares of others' business as long as I know him. However he is a friend in need. As is Dh (read my last post titled Dhessy to know her better). I told my relationship openly & happily. Yup there were sparkles in my eyes when I teld about what I feel, about my boyfriend, all about how we met. B listened carefully, and was really attentive. We shared a little thing, but for me it's valuable. I always find difficulty to share openly. I need to be sure to trust people. And I think I trust him as I trust me myself. Finishing with the personal sharing session, I joined other friend playing game card. Efex, a french, introduced us with new game card called "Asshole". It was really, really fun game. It is quite similar with uno, yah some not all. I could only stand until 11.30pm. Around 12 I went sleep. Some of friends and I chose not to sleep in the tent. We slept using a sleeping bag exactly on the shore. I felt that I was really a daughter of the nature. I relied on the good weather and saved from insect bite. I sleep well (I always sleep well wherever, though).


The dawn came fast. A friend of mind woke me up to go to another spot of the island, Lipi, witnessing the sunrise. At 4 we woke up and walked for about 30 minutes to the place. It was still dark and I felt rather spooky. Yet I had no afraid at all for I was hugged with a genuine happiness, and ultimate relaxed feeling. Efex checked which spot exactly the sun would rise and what time using an app from google. Yup westerns always want the exact thing, sharp, and clear. No wonder why he checked the sun position. The funny and silly thing was Lipi is not on the east. It is on west, so it seems that walking for about 30 minutes before the breaking dawn was a waste. Although it's a waste, I enjoyed it. B told us that the good thing was we were forced to exercises. We witnessed the sunrise on the west, so We could only see an orange lining on the very far east hahaha...

Coming back from Lipi I spotted nice moment. In order to reach Perawan Beach from Lipi we passed homes. In my way to Perawan Beach I saw two little girls, siblings I guessed, had a little talk in front of their house. I smaller girl was holding a milk bottle. The older girl was seeing her little sister milk. The little sister might think that her older sister wanted her milk. The small girl nicely said,"Do you want it. Here you are..." The big sister refused. I don't know what she was thinking, so she refused drinking the milk. What impressed me is the sincere feeling from the small sister, a willingness to share, an intimate relationship between siblings. Another nice moment was when I say a small girl was sweeping her house. The broom was much higher than her. It must be not convenient doing something using a tool that does not fit with us. What I like from that moment was the girl's struggle. The big broom was not a reason to clean her house. Sometime I give up to do something just because I see that the tools does not fit with me. I am lazy to struggle doing something that has small obstacle on it, even I haven't tried at all. Yup, beautiful moment happens in every second if we can really open our eyes. I am thankful experiencing that.



Komentar

Postingan Populer